Hopewell History Brief: The Hopewell Stone Quarry, Crusher Road (c. 1892)
The Hopewell Quarry Swim Club, west of Hopewell Borough on Crusher Road, was once the site of a rock quarry that operated from the 1890s to around 1920, making crushed stone to improve the old dirt roads. The Hopewell Valley had large sources of diabase rock, and associated quarries, to support this demand.
Near the Hopewell Quarry (and later Swim Club), there was a second Railroad Quarry across Pennington-Hopewell Road that provided ballast for railroad tracks. There also were three other major quarries in Hopewell Township, one north of Pennington and two north of Titusville.
Tag – HwTwp
File – 2023-HwTwp-Hw-Quarry-Stone-Crusher-Brief-HvHist.pdf