– View the Town Pamphlets Collection (separate site) –
The Town Pamphlets Collection includes scans of leaflets and pamphlets distributed by local municipalities and organizations within the last 40-some years (e.g., “ephemera”). These are typically short informational handouts that capture interesting information on towns and businesses and people. See the Books Archive for longer-form historical material.
The Collections Viewer web application is designed to explore this collection of miscellaneous pamphlets. The materials are organized by town (e.g., HwBoro, PennBoro, HwTwp) and category, and the files are named beginning with the date for convenient sorting and searching.
There are currently over 100 files in the collection, in 6 categories across 3 towns. The collection categories are:
- HwBoro Harvest Fair brochures, over 30 years
- House Tour brochures including the HVHS and HPL
- Misc Events materials including town Centennial pamphlets
- Misc Municipal materials including 125th Anniversary programs
- Misc Organization materials from business association, churches, libraries, fire dept. and the like
- Veterans/Legion materials including Post events
The Collections Viewer displays all the files in one table, with columns listing the associated category and town, plus the file size and date updated. The files are displayed with thumbnails – just click to display the associated PDF file in a new window.
Use the Filter row to quickly select only those files of interest. The next row displays the number of currently selected files.
- Name – Enter text to search for in the Name field (such as all files that contain “125th”).
- Category – Use the drop-down menu to select only one category to view (such as “House-Tours”). Select “(All)” to return to viewing all entries.
- Town – Use the drop-down menu to select only one town to view (such as “PennBoro”). Select “(All)” to return to viewing all entries.
The Collections Viewer is designed to be used in standard Web browsers (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Edge). The interface is designed for use on computer displays and on mobile tablet devices. The display automatically adapts so that it is still usable when run in smaller windows and on smartphone screens (all the controls are available in the menu).
The table uses the same interface as the Property table in the Hopewell History Map, which provides advanced features for sorting and searching the rows, accessed through the table column headers.
- Click in a column header to sort its entries alternately ascending/descending (indicated by an up/down arrow). Shift-click to sort another column within the current selections.
- Use the column menu for advanced filtering of the column values using more complex searches (hover to the right of the column header on a desktop, or press and hold in the column header on mobile). You can search for fields that contain, equal, or start with some text (or not the text), and specify two such search fields simultaneously.