Sources and assistance for these materials collected on this site comes from organizations including the Hopewell Public Library (HPL), Hopewell Museum (HM), Hopewell Valley Historical Society (HVHS), Hopewell Calvary Baptist Church (CBC), Hopewell Presbyterian Church, Hopewell American Legion Post 339, Hopewell Borough, Hopewell Township, New Jersey State Library, New Jersey State Archives, New Jersey Historic Preservation Office, and the Washington Crossing Card Collectors Club (WC4).
Thanks also to the following individuals who have contributed materials to this site.
Books and Documents
- Bob Gantz, for support of posting the Betty Gantz manuscript, Hopewell’s Past.
- Rick Porter, for contributing several cultural resource studies and other local research.
- Nancy Kennedy, the N. J. Council for the Social Studies, and Margaret Crocco for support of posting two Women’s Suffrage publications, Reclaiming Lost Ground and the N. J. Election returns for the 1915 N. J. woman suffrage referendum.
- Jim Davidson, for preserving the Dean Ashton manuscript, Hopewell Academy, now also archived at the Hopewell Museum.
- Janet Riemer, for information and materials on the Hopewell Calvary Baptist Church (CBC).
- Kurt Jones, for support of posting A Stroll Through Historic Hopewell by Audrey Jones (AJJ).
- Ian Burrow, for information, materials, and images particularly related to the Hopewell Presbyterian Church.
- Bob Lawless (RW) for information on local railroads and other materials.
- Robert Witkowski (RDW) for a cornucopia of materials for the Hopewell Boro pamphlet collection and related to the American Legion Post.
- Richard Hunter, Hunter Research (HR), for contributing several fire maps of local municipalities.
- Sam Castoro (SC2) for contributing postcards of Hopewell Borough, Pennington, and Titusville scanned from his collection, plus aerial images of Hopewell Boro shot in 1932 (after the Lindbergh kidnapping).
- Roberta Mayer (RM), author of 1909 Hopewell, New Jersey: One‐Hundred Years Later (Blurb, 2009), for images from the original 1909 Hopewell booklet, plus corresponding photos of the same buildings in 2009.
- Carol and Bob Meszaros (MZ), for contributing Hopewell Borough postcards scanned from their extensive collection, that features Hopewell Valley and Titusville.
- Steve Cohen (SC), for contributing many postcards scanned from his collection that focuses on real image cards from Pennsylvania and into New Jersey.
- Dick and Hope Sudlow (DHS), for ongoing support and information, and for contributing a wide variety of images of Hopewell Borough and other local materials.
- Ann and Tom Johnson (ATJ) for ongoing support and images
- Irene Wildgrube (WG), for contributing postcards of Hopewell Borough, Pennington, and Titusville scanned from her collection.
- Jean Harrington (JH), for contributing Hopewell Borough postcards scanned from her collection.
- Bill Frenchu (WF), for contributing Hopewell Borough postcards from his collection, scanned by Jack Koeppel.
- Maryanna Twomey (MAT), for contributing family photos of Memorial Day parades and other images around Hopewell Borough.
- Andree Wyckoff (AW), for contributing photos of Hopewell Memorial Day parades from the 1960s.
- Terry Devlin (TD), for contributing photos of past Hopewell Memorial Day parades, 1961 – 1976.