Property Brief: Burton Ave. Stair / Toy Factory, 18 Burton Ave., Hopewell
18 Burton Avenue in Hopewell Borough is a former factory building now used as a art studio and residence by painter Ken McIndoe and ceramic artist Connie Bracci-McIndoe.
It was built as a sash and blind factory in 1897 by John G. Burton, who then also manufactured stairs.
It was acquired in 1923 by Dr. Theodore A. Pierson for the Hopewell Products Company (Hoproco) to manufacture metal toys. Dinger Brothers then transitioned the business in 1928 to ornamental iron work.
The B & K Manufacturing Co. (Albert Benson) then bought the property in 1946 for an upholstering and awnings business.
Tag – HwBoro
File – 2022-HwBoro-Burton-Stair-Toy-Factory-Brief-HvHist.pdf