The new Hopewell Valley Places page provides direct links to images, Historic Town Maps, and information available for our four major communities – Hopewell Township, Hopewell Borough, and Pennington Borough – plus Titusville / Washington Crossing (admittedly an “unincorporated community,” but large enough to separate out since we have several historic maps and a plethora of historic images of the area).
The page is designed to help you get started exploring the available information on the site for each of these communities. Each section then has links to:
- Associated images in the Image Archives
- Associated documents on historic sites from the 1985 and later Hopewell Valley Cultural Resource Surveys
- Associated historic maps on the new Historic Town Maps pages, including county maps, town maps , and local fire insurance maps.
- Plus other key related resources.
Each section also has an example of resources for an example site in that area. These include two new extracts from the Cultural Resource Surveys:
- Washington Crossing buildings from the 1985 Hopewell Township survey
- Harbourton Historic District sections from the 2003 Hopewell Township survey
We welcome additional information and images on other historic communities in the Hopewell Valley. For example, we have a historic maps of Mount Rose and Titusville, and the Hopewell Township images include interesting scenes of Harbourton, Marshalls Corner, and Woodsville, among others.